Wireless networking

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 1 20:04:50 UTC 2007

Hi Phil,

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 17:42 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
> It's probably best to go through the sequence of troubleshooting steps
> in order of most common issues. That is, if someone has just got their
> wireless switch turned off, there's no need to check if there's a
> wireless card installed first. What do you think?

OK, I've moved checking its on to the top but I think its probably best
if the other sequences are carried out in order.

> Also, it might be best to concentrate on using Network Manager as much
> as possible in the instructions, as we'll have to document that soon
> anyway.

Network Manager is great - if you're wireless connection is recognised.
If not then there is no avoiding the command line at present. I've tried
to stick to it for configuration. I'll try to work it in to the last
three troubleshooting sections though.

Cheers,

Dougie