Unreadable Russian Desktop Guides

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 25 18:59:13 UTC 2006

* Igor Zubarev <igor4u at gmail.com> [2006-09-25 21:56:16]:

> I'm absolutely agree with Roustam.  I think it's a shame to have
> unreadable russian guides about 4 months.  I wrote email to Matt. He
> know the problem. He told to wait.  Now we are waiting for 4 months
> but nothing changed.  Do you think it's OK?
>
> Whole russian comunity is waiting for him....  -- Igor Zubarev,
> Russian translation team, admin

As you guys are aware, Matt is on holiday until the 29th. When he gets
back he can investigate the problem. Currently our .pdf generation
system is broken (Matt has done all the .pdfs more-or-less manually).
The PDF files are quite difficult to generate and Matt has spent a lot
of time working with fop devs to work on including fonts. I'm sorry
about the Russian translation, I was not aware of the problem until now.

That said, it is not true that the Russian translation effort is lost.
We just currently don't have the ability to provide PDF versions, but
HTML and shipped documentation appear to be fine (let me know if that is
not the case) so it is only 1 out of 3 media that are having a problem.

The bug was marked at low importance because it only affects the Russian
translation and is only the PDF version. It certainly does not mean we
are ignoring it.

Thank you for all your translation effort, we do appreciate it.

-Jordan Mantha