Finishing the Ubuntu-docs for Edgy

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 09:59:59 UTC 2006

Hey all,

With Matthew East on holiday, we need to get the last business taken
care of before the doc string freeze. I'm willing to put in some of the
grunt work, but having neither commit access nor much experience in
making the docs ready for packaging, I will need some help.

1. With the "Switching to Windows" guide now ready for inclusion in the
Docs, we need to generate an .omf file for it (I'm especially unsure
about the series ID which links the guide to the front page). And add it
to Don's Yelp patch so that it can be integrated into the Yelp front
page. If anybody has experience with this, please let me know.

2. Don's patch needs to be tested and checked to work with our docs.
Preferably by more people than just me.

3. The patch to update the other .OMF files needs to be approved, tested
and committed. I've reattached this patch to this mail also. (I couldn't
figure out how to test the formatting in .OMF files, so help would be
needed here as well).

4. We need to check the docs for empty placeholders and missing links so
as to make the guides consistently helpful. And update any sections that
aren't finished. I found an empty placeholder in the ADSL USB modems
section, and have attached a patch for it. Hope somebody are willing to
commit this as well.

5. We need to validate the docs and get in touch with the desktop team
for final packaging of both Yelp and Ubuntu-docs. (I'll do this).

(and possibly more things which I haven't thought of).

Don - thank you so much for your work with the Yelp patch, it looks
really good. Is it possible to simply add another .omf file reference in
your patch so as to add the Switching Guide or would require more
wizardry from your part?

I hope we can rally around finishing these tasks before Thursday evening.

Cheers,

Andreas

--
https://launchpad.net/people/lloydinho