Suggestion for new Yelp front page

Don Scorgie DonScorgie at Blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 18:10:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 17:24 +0200, Andreas Lloyd wrote:
> Hey all - particularly Don and others interested in the Yelp front page
> layout!
<snip>
> Don, that sounds great! I really hope that something like this might end
> up being possible. It would potentially make the Yelp frontpage much
> more accessible for common questions. Please let me (and the rest of the
> Ubuntu Doc team list) know if you make progress on this, and if there is
> anything you need help with, like testing and such.

Thanks for the prod :)  I'd actually forgotten about this, sorry.

I've put up a couple of preliminary screenshots at
http://donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/UHC.png
http://donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/UHC-1.png
http://donscorgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/UHC-2.png

Is this the sort of thing you had in mind, or am I on the wrong track?
Here, I've moved all the Ubuntu docs to the front page, moved the GNOME
docs to the "Desktop", along with relevant categories.  Other stuff gets
moved into "Applications".  The strings are placeholders and should be
changed ;).  I also changed a couple of default strings to make more
sense in this version (Welcome to Ubuntu Help Centre instead of GNOME
help centre and old "Desktop" becomes "Home").  These can (as above) be
changed to suite.

If this isn't what you were thinking of, please let me know and I can
rethink how to do it.  If it is to you're liking though, I can reuse
some of the older patch for Dapper to make the docs appear in the
correct order.

Don