License problem in Ubuntu Desktop Guide

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 5 10:38:40 UTC 2006

(removed gnome-doc-list@, for reasons that will soon become apparent)

On Sep 5, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Stoffers, Robert LAC wrote:
> The bulk of the guide was contributed by a select few of us, as long as
> at least the core authors of the desktop guide consent to the
> relicening then you could chop out any little bits you are unsure
> about. Might be a bit of work, but I don't think its impossible with
> help from us.
>
> What would you need from us exactly to cover the relicen[s]ing? Maybe
> this whole thing is something that should be discussed with
> Canonical's
> lawyers before proceeding?

Why on earth are we planning on getting the permission of up to 18
listed contributors to relicense the document, and possibly also
consult lawyers (!), NINE DAYS BEFORE THE DOCUMENTATION FREEZE?

(And, have you tried clicking on a Help button in Nautilus that assumes
the Desktop User Guide to be present when it's not?)

Please, let's revert this, and consider it more thoroughly for Edgy+1.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/