Put me to work

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Mon Oct 30 22:30:26 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-doc-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-doc-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Dean Sas
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:07 PM
To: Dave Thacker
Cc: ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Put me to work

Dave Thacker wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Dave Thacker,  I've been using Ubuntu for about 3 months,
> for over 5 years, and various flavors of Unix for over 15 years.   I'm a
> system administrator/DBA by day, and a doc writer by night.  I'm currently

> working on docs for the open source project Tikiwiki.
> I have a passion for documentation that works, because I've spent so much
> using it in my professional and personal life.  I'm willing to do whatever
> needed, but I will need to get up to speed with the Ubuntu toolset.  I
> multiple machines available for testing, so I can do step-by-step reviews
> accuracy and clarity.  My Launchpad ID is Dthacker.   Let me know where to

> get started and I'll get going.

Hi Dave,
Currently the plans for the next release are still being planned (see
   The plans will probably be pretty much finalised at the Ubuntu
Development Summit in the next couple of weeks sometime. This may result
in a big overhaul of the documentation, so I'm sure another hand will be
appreciated. Have you read through the getting started page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/GettingStarted for information
on our toolset and stuff?

Have fun,

So let's get started on this planning.  I'm going to work on getting the
Kubuntu Desktop Guide and the Book material in sync and also work on getting
my svn password reconfigured.

Anything else?