contribute document patch

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 21:07:29 UTC 2006

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for you patch. Your attention to detail is very much appreciated
and your DocBook patch looks quite sound. I've added one of your
suggested changes, the other one already being fixed previously. This is
because as an experiment I'm developing the Contribute to Ubuntu
document in the Wiki rather than in the SVN repository, which means that
it is not necessary to attach diffs, but rather you can just edit the
changes directly in the Wiki - which I find is a much more natural
format for writing and editing documentation. You can see the document
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu

Then to update the docs, we simply export the Wiki page to a DocBook
format (this works really well in the new MoinMoin export function) and
add that to the SVN repository. One of our (at least mine :-)) long term
goals is to integrate more and more of the documentation writing in the
wiki to make it more accessible to new contributors. But this is one of
the things we plan to discuss in the coming weeks, and I hope you'll be
interested in participating and shaping this new form of development.

Feel free to drop by the #ubuntu-doc channel and talk with us about it. :-)

Cheers,

Andreas

--
https://launchpad.net/people/lloydinho