Put me to work

Dean Sas dean at deansas.org
Mon Oct 30 20:06:48 UTC 2006

Dave Thacker wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Dave Thacker,  I've been using Ubuntu for about 3 months,  linux
> for over 5 years, and various flavors of Unix for over 15 years.   I'm a
> system administrator/DBA by day, and a doc writer by night.  I'm currently
> working on docs for the open source project Tikiwiki.
> I have a passion for documentation that works, because I've spent so much time
> using it in my professional and personal life.  I'm willing to do whatever is
> needed, but I will need to get up to speed with the Ubuntu toolset.  I have
> multiple machines available for testing, so I can do step-by-step reviews for
> accuracy and clarity.  My Launchpad ID is Dthacker.   Let me know where to
> get started and I'll get going.

Hi Dave,
Currently the plans for the next release are still being planned (see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2006-October/007251.html).
   The plans will probably be pretty much finalised at the Ubuntu
Development Summit in the next couple of weeks sometime. This may result
in a big overhaul of the documentation, so I'm sure another hand will be
appreciated. Have you read through the getting started page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/GettingStarted for information
on our toolset and stuff?

Have fun,
Dean