Ubuntu in Windows

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 21:05:30 UTC 2006

On 10/9/06, Eric Keller <Eric.Keller at unil.ch> wrote:

> For emulating an Ubuntu system in Windows using VMware or Qemu, you can
> find detailed information at
> http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/ekeller00/EricKellerUbuntuPage.html.
> The pages are being maintained in English, French, German and Spanish.
>
> I am open to suggestions on how these pages could be more tightly
> integrated with Ubuntu's own documentation efforts.

Hi Eric,

This looks interesting; I no longer run Windows but many people who do could
benefit from these articles.

The best place to put these would be in the Ubuntu Community Documentation
wiki, at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

 It looks like the emulation/qemu/VMWare pages badly need attention,
actually. I see lots of duplication, out of date information & unmaintained
pages in those search results...

Full text search results for 'qemu':
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecentChanges?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=qemu&fullsearch=Text

Full text search results for 'VMWare':
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecentChanges?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=vmware&fullsearch=Text

If you'd like to integrate your tutorials with the existing pages on our
wiki, and maybe do some cleanup & consolidation while you're working on it,
please do! The documentation really benefits when someone adopts a section
for a while and gets it into better shape.

Thanks for the contribution, Eric, and welcome!

Brian.