proofreading was( Re: Announcing the Release Candidate for Ubuntu

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:39:01 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:59 PM, Lloyd D Budd wrote:
> > I sent the email below about a week ago to Toilef hoping to find out
> > how better to collaborate. I have not yet heard back. Maybe someone
> > else has some suggestions for me?
> > From: Lloyd D Budd <foolswisdom at gmail.com>
> > Date: Oct 30, 2006 2:18 PM
> >>
> >> Looking great!
> >>
> >> Capitalization of "Open Source Community", "Release Candidate" ?
> > Did you see my feedback above? I was a little disappointed that none
> > of my suggestions were used, or more importantly that no one replied.
>
> I just found Tollef and had a quick chat with him about this. He said
> he should have been more explicit, but "the release notes were in a
> wiki for a reason" -- if people found any obvious typos or other
> problems, they should have have gone ahead and fixed them themselves.
> So I guess, remember that for Feisty. :-)
>
> On a related note, it is likely that the Feisty release notes will
> start out in the wiki, but that they will then move to a non-wiki
> ubuntu.com server so that the Ubiquity installer can reliably open the
> appropriate localized version.
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubiquity/ReleaseNotes>

Thanks mpt! I will follow your advice in the future.

At same time -- could have been as long as a couple of years ago -- I
seem to recall trying to update release notes or some other important
page and it being a locked wiki page. I guess I was also confused by
Tollef sending an email specifically saying "could some of you
proofread it and give feedback, please?"

Tollef keep rocking my world with world class documentation! Of
course, I don't mind you ignoring my very minor suggestions, but I do
appreciate acknowledging whether or not it is generally useful.

--
Peace be yours,
Lloyd Budd