Licensing

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 8 10:13:51 UTC 2006

Jan Vancura <jenda <at> ubuntu.com> writes:

> I believe that unless someone speaks up as not agreeing, you can
> consider the license change agreed to by acquiescence by all copyright
> holders. If someone does speak up, anytime in the future, the move will
> be considered invalid, so legally, it will have never happened... if
> that person cannot be convinced, and is clearly a holder of the copyright.

Theoretically, you need the permission of the copyright holder before changing
the license. In practice you're right - it only matters if someone speaks up.

But in this case, the point is that the copyright holder is the members of the
docteam, and since those members decided by consensus in a meeting to change
the license, it's no problem.

Matt