Licensing

Bhuvaneswaran bhuvan at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 8 03:41:33 UTC 2006

> After our discussion from a couple of months back, and discussion in the
> meeting, we resolved to move the license to a single CC-By-SA license.
> I'd like to move this on and start getting it implemented.
>
> What do people think about the best way to go ahead with this?

It's a very good decision. When we decide to make this change in all
our documents, i think we should also consider to move to latest
CC-By-SA 2.5 license from 2.0 license.

I'm not very clear about the difference between them. But from very
first look, i see they have re-organized the restrictions section 4b.

[1] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/legalcode
[2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode

> I note that the copyright notice on all of our documents is "Canonical
> and members of the Ubuntu Documentation Project". As a result, it seems
> to me that it's perfectly acceptable for us to simple go ahead and make
> the change - since the group owns the copyright of the material, it can
> change the terms of its use.

Are we planning to change the copyright notice?
--
Regards,
Bhuvaneswaran