Official Ubuntu Book -> System documentation

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 2 08:31:16 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 18:48, Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
[snip]
> Wow! Great Job!
> Couple of comments/questions.

Ditto, good job getting this in, as I am sure it will help us create some new
work for 7.04!

> 1) I noticed couple of yellow marks in couple of paragraphs in *all*
> uploaded files. FWIW, i use openoffice 2.0.4. Please refer to the
> attached screen shot.

Yes, I get the same thing in OOo 2.0.4 but in KWord it looks fine.

> 2) I also noticed that the book for chapter 04 is missing or is it
> intended?

That I don't know about, Mathew?

> 3) Just curious, what if we store the files in .odt format?

I didn't even notice the .doc at first, and when I saw it, I immediately
thought of docbook and not MS Office .doc files. I guess that is good, as the
evil empire isn't in my head ;) It would make sense for an open source
community to use an open source solution. Want it done, I can do it later on
today, after I wake up ;)

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com
.:http://nixternal.ubuntu-rocks.org