fliers to accompany cds

Parag Baxi ghee22 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:10:58 UTC 2006

In terms of legality, it's definitely better than pointing the audience to
do something that may be illegal in their country.  How about adding, these
laws and restrictions are more fully explained at [url for restrictions
explained].  Also, perhaps adding a note saying, if these laws do not apply
to you, the best way to achieve compatility is through Easy Ubuntu found at

Cheers,

Parag

On 5/30/06, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:

> Venkat Raghavan V.C. wrote:
> > I looked at the Kubuntu flyer, and it mentions gaim. Gaim is not
> > installed by default on Kubuntu, maybe the instructions should use
> > Konversation.
> Oops, my bad. I had this changed in a previous version... must have
> overwritten it at some point.
> >
> > Also EasyUbuntu is mentioned on the flyer, it is definitely better to
> > refer to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats
> Are you totally sure it would better? I think it would dissuade people
> from switching to ubuntu/linux if to get things working, we dumped them
> in CLI. The target audience are windows migrants, who are generally
> dependant on clicking icons to get things done. I know the easyubuntu
> link is on that page and all, but the heap of CLI things on there is
> only going to confuse the migrant immensely.

Parag M. Baxi
ghee22 at gmail.com

www.gheemedia.com, The Foundation... For Your Imagination.

"Persistence is annoying success." - Parag Baxi 11:28:1999 - 10:53:PM