tabs for the new help site

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri May 26 11:24:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 22:38 +1200, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> On May 26, 2006, at 7:22 PM, Matthew East wrote:
> > So how about this alternative - | Stable docs | Community docs |
> >
> > ("Stable docs" would then point to the current version, and contain
> > links to previous versions).
> >
> > I don't particularly like the word "Stable", but it was the only word
> > I could think of to describe the difference. What do people think of
> > this idea?
>
> I like it. :-)

I ought to record that Corey and Brian both didn't like this idea :) One
of the point Brian made that I thought was particularly valid is that in
terms of stable docs, we are going to have a number of releases
supported at the same time, and a quick way to navigate between them is
going to be needed.

I think that it is probably possible to distinguish between releases in
the body of the page (although obviously not as clearly as by using
tabs), but let's see what everyone else thinks.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com