Regarding independent doc efforts..

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon May 22 21:20:30 UTC 2006

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 16:31 +0200, Andreas Lloyd wrote:
> Hi Doc-Team,
>
> I recently came across a few independent efforts at Ubuntu Documentation:
[...]
> I don't know if the Doc-Team do this at all but I thought it might be worth it to contact these two while they're still so relatively new, and connect them with the Doc Team.

Yeah, we often try to approach people who contribute in this way,
sometimes it works and they join up with us, othertimes, they want to do
their own thing.

> What I would like to know is: How do you generally refer people to the Doc Team?

Similar to how you've done it, although if I may say so, your email was
so good that I think we should write it down and use it as a template
for these things. Perfect!

>  And is there any sort of procedure for integrating independent work like this into the Documentation?

Well, the Ubuntu wiki is now (hopefully) turning public domain, so the
author has to release his work before it can be copied to there. Ideally
of course, we'd love it if the author themself brings it into the wiki
and integrates it.

From there we can do the job of incorporating useful bits into our
guides.

Matt