plugins

Sebastian Heinlein liste at pimpzkru.de
Tue May 16 15:09:18 UTC 2006

Zitat von Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 14:33 +0200, Joseph Bailey wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm an absolute novice to ubuntu and linux. I'm trying to download and
>> play mp3 files.
>
> You need to install some special codecs for these files.
>
> If using Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger), see
> http://help.ubuntu.com/starterguide/C/ch03.html#codecs
>
> If using Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake), see
> http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/codecs.html
>
> If you have any other questions, have a look at the rest of those
> guides, and ask support questions on the ubuntu-users mailing list (this
> list is for discussion of documentation).
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

there is also another possibilty in dapper, that is perhaps worth to
documentate: choose "Install/Remove..." from the applications menu and check
"show unsupported applications" and search for "mp3". check "gstreamer extra
plugins" in the application pane and click on "apply".

Don't know if the documentation team was aware of this feature.

Sebastian