website building

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 31 18:11:40 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have uploaded a Makefile into the top directory of our svn trunk. It
allows you to build an index page for the website ("make index"), and to
build the whole website ("make website"). I've used xml for the index
page because it occurred to me that this would allow us to produce a
completely translated website, including the index, html and pdfs in
each language.

http://help.ubuntu.com/Dapper/index.html

Feedback welcome. Some things which are missing:

* single page html (is this necessary if we have the pdfs?) - I haven't
included this because I can't figure out how to add the banner to the
top of them.
* the banner at the top will be amended to remove the "team"
* some of the documents have drafts on them, obviously that will need to
be turned off.
* I haven't completely figured out the translation process for the
* We need a script in the ubuntu section to download and extract the
installation-guide from the archive.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com