Wiki Issues

Naaman Campbell naamanc2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 02:31:18 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> Duncan & Naaman - I've been sort of following the saga of
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentation/ieee1394, and I'd
> like to make the following suggestions:
>
> - "Firewire" sounds like a better name for the page than "ieee1394" -
> Firewire is the commercial/popular name for the thing, ieee1394 is the
> technical name for it. Right now if you do a basic (title-only) search for
> 'firewire' this page does not come up - it does with full-text search, but
> that's not the wiki's default search...)

As it stands, I think this decision can be made by Duncan.

> I'd just go ahead and make these changes and fix the links in the rest of
> the wiki, but I'd rather not be dragged into some sort of editing/revert
> squabble - can we please sort this out on the ML before we mess up the wiki?

I see no problem in going ahead with changing the ieee1394 page to be
like the rest of the pages.

As far as the "squabble" is concerned, I think it has passed for now.
Duncan, understandably, did not find any documents outlining the 'best
practices' on the Wiki until after his edits.

If there is any on-going issues with this thread, perhaps we can raise
it as an agenda item for the WikiTeam meeting -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WikiTeam/MeetingAgenda

Naaman.