Documentation database revisited

Naaman Campbell naamanc2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:26:04 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 22:36 -0500, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> > I will be honest and post my own thoughts, nothing more then just my
> > own thoughts.  I see a lot of people that try to address what they
> > view as a missing link in the documentation of Ubuntu by creating
> > thier own documentation site.
>
> snip
>
> > Once again, I feel a bit frustrated by the amount of duplicate work
> > that gets done, when there are things in the proposed/official work
> > that need polish and clean up.
>
> I haven't really grasped this idea yet but it looks to me like this
> isn't an idea for a new documentation resource. More like a search tool
> for existing documentation resources.

It seems that Jonathon has had enough of seeing so many side-projects
spring up all the time with people who appear to be disgruntled with
the official way of doing things.  I think he has used this issue,
although unrelated, to raise a valid point about putting more
resources and focus into cleaning up the Wiki.