ubuntu wiki observations

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Tue Mar 21 14:45:00 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 09:41, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 22:33 +1000, Naaman Campbell wrote:
> > Also, suggest what you think needs to change as well.  It is good to
> > discuss changing the help pages first before actually changing them,
> > it gives the Wiki team some valuable feedback as well.
>
> Here's a technically easy one to start with:
>
> The wiki needs a default start page which can act as a (manually edited)
> main index. Being an impatient type here is a suggested start
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WikiIndex
>
> Perhaps users should then be able to choose not to use it. At the moment
> logging in takes me back to what I last did, that's no use to me and
> virtually encourages a badly structured wiki. We need to develop peoples
> awareness of the value of a logically linked wiki.
>
> Duncan

I disagree, I think users should be brought to the last page they were viewing
when the log in. I use a lot of different computers and there are times that
I want to login, change a wiki page and then logout as it is not my computer.
I like the fact that I am brought back to the last page I was at.

Jonathan