Some suggestions from a user

Jordan Mantha jordan.mantha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:10:49 UTC 2006

Hi all!

Today on #ubuntu-doc we had a user stop by. He wanted to know how to
contact the doc team without subscribing to the mailing list. He had a
question (bug) about a doc on help.ubuntu.com and wanted to contact
the team. However, he didn't want to have to subscribe to the list
just to send one email.

Anyway, we got the "bug" sorted out (referencing Nero to burn isos in
the Ubuntu Start Guide) but he said that many users end up mailing
sounder or posting on the forums rather than emailing the list. Now,
as I understand it a non-subscriber can email the list, it just has to
be approved by a moderator, correct? If that is the case maybe we
should make https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Contact reflect
that better.

I'm not sure if this is a huge issue but maybe we can think of easier
ways for users to give feedback.

He also suggested a search for help.ubuntu.com.

So anyway, I'm forwarding this to the list for the user.

-Jordan

--
"That's all very well in practice, but will it ever work in theory?"
      -- G. Hill, Education in Chemistry, 1992(1), 28.

A tidy laboratory means a lazy chemist.
       -- Jöns Jacob Berzelius (Swedish chemist,1779-1848)