[Patch] Getting Ubuntu and Linux Basics

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:02:54 UTC 2006

Hey all.

This is my first patch, and being unsure of which bit needed the most
love, and not having too much experience with Subversion or the DocBook
format, I just began reading the Desktop Guide from the beginning and
noted the bits that I thought needed a bit of elaboration. Thus:

1) In the Getting Ubuntu bit, I added that you can contact the LoCoTeams
as well. I could only manage a direct link to the LoCoTeam list in the
Wiki, and not one of those that can be changed centrally. If someone
would care to enlighten me, please do.

2) In the Linux Basics bit, I added an introduction on the relationship
between Linux and Unix and about their shared design philosophy. I tried
hard to keep it short, but I felt that entire section needed a bit more
of an introduction.

This is as far as I got, but I wanted to hear you good people out before
offering more patches. I hope you'll find it useful.

Andreas