Quickguide and Desktop Guide

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Thu Mar 16 14:52:08 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 02:39, Venkat Raghavan wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 07:58, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> > On 3/15/06, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at iserv.net> wrote:
> > > The desktop guide is the one that is current, accurate and up to date
> > > fro Dapper.  The quickguide has not had much work on it since just be
> > > fore Breezy.  Unless Jerome did some of it.  The desktopguide should be
> > > the one that is shipped.  I know that Riddell is looking for it to be
> > > shipped, the docs being Desktopguide, Release Notes and About Kubuntu.
> >
> > I did some changes to the document but not earth-shattering. If it
> > needs to get deprecated, feel free to do so. If some parts are useful,
> > feel free to incorporate it to other docs. Extensive coverage of the
> > desktop should be first priority and the desktop guide is better
> > suited for this job.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jerome
>
> I found this kde quick guide at
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/quickstart/index.html
>
> It is also installed and present in my dapper installation. I think this
> guide covers the basics which were covered by the Quickguide which I wanted
> to incorporate in the Desktop Guide.
>
> I'll try to incorporate some material from the Kubuntu Quick Guide, which
> is not conflicting with the Kde Quick Guide into the Kubuntu Desktop Guide.
>
> Venkat
Venkat,

I wouldn't worry too much about the Quickguide to be honest.  We shipped the
quickguide in Breezy, and there hasn't been a refresh of the kubuntu docs
package hence the reason it is still in dapper.  The quickguide is not as
polished as the Desktop Guide, and that is what is getting shipped in Dapper,
so lets focus on that :)