Proposed schedule change

Matthew East mdke at
Wed Mar 15 16:36:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 07:33 -0500, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 03:16, Matthew East wrote:
> > > I'd be in favour of either (a) not moving the documentation freeze at all
> > > (March 23rd) or (b) delaying a maximum of 2 weeks (April 6th).
> >
> > I'd like to hear more from the various people taking care of the guides. I
> > know that the Packaging Guide could do with 2 more weeks, what about the
> > Server guide and other Kubuntu docs?
> >
> > Matt
> I don't know how much Kubuntu espresso witll change any of the documents.

As far as I can see, it will only impact on release notes. The desktop
guide does not have a section on installing. Espresso itself comes with
documentation. In any event, kde-espresso is already available, and can
be documented from now.

> I think 2
> weeks would be great that puts us at April 6?

It would yes but I'm finding it difficult to see whether we actually
need it or not. The only documents that seem to need it are the
Packaging Guide, (possibly) Server Guide for reviewing and (possibly)
Release Notes.

We could do a staggered freeze for these, but I'm not sure I like that
idea. How about 1 extra week to polish off the review on Release Notes,
the Server Guide and Desktop Guides, with extra leave for Jordan to work
past the freeze on the Packaging Guide (I'm not so fussed about
translation starting ASAP for the packaging guide).

Anyone else have any more views on this?

mdke at