Questions Regarding doc.ubuntu.com (Re: Announcing Kubuntu Desktop Guide preview)

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 7 09:10:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:14 -0500, Venkat Raghavan wrote:
> ><snip>
> > I just had a quick read over the Kubuntu Desktop Guide and I noticed a
> > couple of typos (most likely my fault) in the Common Tasks -> Games
> > section, notice the two "the":
> >
> > Ensure you have hardware accelerated 3D drivers installed for your video
> > card. For more information see *the the* section called “Hardware”.
>
> I have fixed this in the commit 2520.
>
> Also i had question about doc.ubuntu.com. Does it have a directory
> "/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common" installed by the kdelibs-data package so
> that we can build better looking web-documents.

Yes it does.

> Compare:
> http://doc.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/desktopguide-web/C/index.html to
> http://www.robotgeek.org/kubuntu/desktopguide/index.html

There are some issues with the second one, but it is definitely better
than the current thing. I think our aim should be to have documents
which are identical to how they appear in khelpcenter. Whether this can
be done or not in xsltproc has been a tricky issue: if it can, then we
can build all kde documents with xsltproc, use xincludes, and generally
eat our cake and have it at the same time.

Did you build the web page on your site with xsltproc?

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com