[UWN] Weekly bug status reports?

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 00:34:41 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Simon has been giving weekly status updates on bug activity in Malone at our
> team meetings, and I was thinking that they might be interesting to some UWN
> readers as well.  Maybe this is too development-focused, though; I'm not
> sure.
>
> Thoughts?

I think that we can certainly use this information in the UWN and that
many readers will find it useful. Those who are not interested in that
information can (and probably will) just skim over that section. I
think we should include bug report info where it is appropriate (of
course this is a case by case basis).

On that note, a while back, I asked on #launchpad about getting bug
statistics for various time intervals such as the number of bugs
open/closed/etc in a given week/month/etc since I think this
information might help show (in hard numbers) how much bug fix work
gets done on a regular basis. This may help provide additional proof
to our readers that we are dedicated to improving quality by seeing
that we stay on top of bugs and actually get them fixed. Are these
statistics available as well perhaps?

--
Matt T. Galvin
mgalvin on irc.freenode.net