New screenshots needed on the wiki

Richard Johnson nixternal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 03:13:50 UTC 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 21:51, Corey Burger wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > If we remove/avoid screenshots in general, will that not in fact help in
> > showing users the easiest way for them to do something? For instance with
> > the Orinoco and the VMware stuff, it can all be done command line, which
> > is what I prefer, but I thought we wanted to show them the easy or the
> > Synaptic way of doing it? I am with you 99% because I am not a fan of a
> > million screenshots either, plus everybody does a screenshot, image
> > conversion, and compression differently, so they very rarely look like
> > they were done by the same person, let alone the same team. However, they
> > do tend to help a newbie in a lot of situations. That folks is what you
> > call a brainfart, or a braindump ;)  Just my 2 cents.
> >
> > --
> > Rich Johnson (nixternal)
> > "The best thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to
> > do something stupid."
>
> If we nuke screenshots, it does not mean we talk about the
> commandline. We just use words to describe what we are doing (which we
> are doing anyway).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Corey
>
> > --

That is exactly the answer i expected and realized it was the correct answer.
I was always taught that if you can't say it with words, all pictures will do
is make you look stupid. Thanks to a journalist professor for that one. I
guess I should quit reading books with the big pictures and letter then ;)
This is good, as it will make the wiki uniform. I am all for the nuking.