Promoting Books About Ubuntu

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Jul 26 17:32:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 12:10 +1200, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2006, at 3:51 AM, john levin wrote:
> I assume you mean <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBooks>.
>
> > There are links to amazon USA and DE; is this on an affiliate program
> > (some of the links certainly aren't, but others are longer)?
>
> No. Some of the links contain someone's session ID, but there's no ref=
> component.
>
> > If not, shouldn't there be?
>
> Good idea.

I can generate amazon affiliate links.
If you just want a text link, just send me urls you want to make into
affiliate links and I'll send you back the modified version. All I need
is the URL to the page in this case.

If you want a picture link (I don't know how this will work in the wiki)
send me the ISBN.

I wonder if there's a way to macro this... that would be cool.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode