Switching from Windows guide

Nicolas Kassis nic.kassis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 19:30:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:22:57AM -0400, Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 20:56 +1000, Mike MacCana wrote:
> >> A new one?  Check the existing guides for Switching from Linux,
> >> Windows, or Mac0sx that are linked to from the front page of Community
> >> Docs.
> >
> > I wrote most of the 'SwitchingFromWindows' wikipage now on h.u.c. We
> > wanted to write something more practical for users to follow, and
> > something which could possibly be distributed on the CD. We can probably
> > re-use a lot of the old information on the wiki anyway.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > --
> > Phil Bull
> > https://launchpad.net/people/philbull
> >

> > --
> >

> The problem is really w/ the way the original switching guide is
> organized.  The goal is to address more issues and also provide a way to
> do a Kubuntu/Ubuntu version that doesn't look thrown together but more
> cohesive.
>
> --
> Jonathan Jesse
Hi, I quite new to this list (I've been reading for a while) but I wanted to give some input.

I noticed that many Windows power users strugle when switiching to Linux. They might need a sort of converstion information such as the differences bettween windows and Linux but a more power user oriented version. Currently it's too basic for them and they feel like their intelligence is insulted or something.

Nic