Quality assurance on the help wiki

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Tue Jul 11 10:33:49 UTC 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:35 PM, Craig Box wrote:
> Perhaps there could be a system for categorizing -why- something is in
> CategoryCleanup - I got the impression that every page of
> documentation in the old wiki was in the category, which effectively
> makes it "needs DocTeam review", which is fair enough.  This is what
> you asked for in your original email.

Perhaps: CategoryCleanupCopyedit, CategoryCleanupStructure,
CategoryCleanupVerify, CategoryCleanupUpdate.

> Something else that isn't taken in to account, or as far as I can
> tell, addressed, is "version relevance".  This ranges from
> HowToDoXOnHoary (say Breezy does it natively), to "this is how you do
> X on Breezy, file locations have changed on Dapper etc".
>
> Keeping old documentation for maintained versions is worthwhile -
> equally important is making sure that documentation is updated for
> each new release, especially LTS releases.  For example, I'm looking
> for a spare afternoon to tidy up
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo, which
> is an area I have a large amount of experience in, but the page is
> currently Breezy-centric, as d-i preseed options have changed in
> Dapper.  That page should have been tagged in some way to point out
> that it needs bringing up to date, and after release, there can be a
> lot of docteam work there.

Ok, we've talked about doing this often enough in the past, so I've
Just Done It on this page.
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo?
action=diff&rev2=34&rev1=33>

> (By the way, should all of the pages moved to h.u.c have had a
> redirect created automatically?)

Yes. For example:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo>
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo?action=raw>