xml attached for install guide beginnings

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 8 12:13:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 18:13 -0500, Christopher Lawrence Cmolik wrote:
> the docbook file is attached.  Please excuse my posting before without it.

Hi Christopher,

The file you sent is basically empty, that's not surprising because as
you explained, your project is just at the beginning.

However, I wonder if it might be a good idea to have a look at the
installguide currently in our repository (out of date), and see if you
can get some tips. It will help you with both content and formatting, I
think.

You can find it at: trunk/generic/installguide

It is currently profiled to work with both kubuntu and ubuntu (you'll
see in the code that where necessary os="gnome" or os="kde" is added to
various tags).

You might find it easier to start from that, and provide patches on that
guide to update it for dapper.

Let us know your thoughts.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com