Install Guide

Christopher Cmolik ccmolik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 22:54:57 UTC 2006

Alright, these are my thoughts:

Jerome Gotangco wrote:

>Also I think it wouldn't make
>sense to have the install guide appear in yelp since you already got
>to install the OS in the first place (unless we're talking about a
>live CD) =)

My thoughts, too.  However, iirc, we're doing ubuntu-express, too; if
we're going to install from the livecd it may be helpful to a new user,
and it's like a redundancy just in case.    So, we would possibly need
this in there, IMHO.

>Can you send the xml file to list so that anyone with svn access can
>upload or just send it to me and I'll upload it to svn.

Alright, will do tonight, but as i write this now, i have other things
that need to get done first, but i will post tonight.

>It would be better if the install guide would be included:
>
>1.) as a PDF in the CD although we already have a setup guide that was
>adapted from upstream Debian (in html).
>
>2.) Post it online in help.ubuntu.com and have the DapperReleaseNotes
>point to it during milestone and final release.

1.) I can do this in PDF, once we get some screenshots.
2.) This will work because we (kyral and I) have to document heavily on
the OEM guide, which also would make it good to include in PDF format.

**I know I have 2 wikipages, but I can't merge them as of yet, so please
don't worry about this now ( i need a site admin..)**
Regards,
-- Chris Cmolik (hyperactivecrond)
<ccmolik at sbcglobal.net>