Useful .bashrc aliasing for DocTeam

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:07:28 UTC 2006

I've been messing around with aliasing & basic BASH scripting lately,
and I've actually come up with something useful - an aliased command
to update your SVN checkout of ubuntu-doc...

Open ~/.bashrc in your favourite text editor, and drop these two lines
in anywhere:
# Ubuntu DocTeam SVN alias
alias usvn='cd && cd ubuntu-doc && svn up'

Save, then run "source .bashrc" in a terminal to force a re-read of .bashrc.

Note that this assumes you set your DocTeam SVN directory to
~/ubuntu-doc, as laid out in our wiki pages.

Now typing "usvn" at any prompt will update SVN for you - freeing up
valuable typing time to work on docs or the wiki! :-P

Brian/Madpilot