debian/copyright

Jordan Mantha mantha at chem.unr.edu
Wed Feb 22 01:35:48 UTC 2006

Hi all!
  I am working on Malone bug #27923 correcting the copyright file for
the ubuntu-doc package. Previously, debian/copyright said that
everything was GPL'd which is obviously not the case. I have just
committed changes that added the FDL and CC-SA licenses and noted that
all docs other than the Packaging Guide are dual licensed FDL/CC-SA. I
had a MOTU look it over and it seems ok.
  My only concern is about the Makefiles and bash/shell scripts
(validate.sh for instance and ubuntu/Makefile). I believe these should
be referenced in the debian/copyright file as well and should be GPL but
I looked at both validate.sh and ubuntu/Makefile and neither had a
proper GPL copyright header. Should we perhaps fix the shell/python
scipts and Makefiles to have proper copyrights? Or am I just being too
picky?

-Jordan Mantha (aka LaserJock)