Patch: Ubuntu desktop guide - Programming

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 21 11:03:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 06:44 +0000, Dean Sas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've added more to the programming documentation part of the Ubuntu
> Desktop Guide to talk about devhelp to browse other documentation.

Thanks for this, committed with some minor linguistic changes, and one
stylistic change: when you have a paragraph introducing a particular
program, it doesn't form part of the procedure for installing/using that
program, so you can include it above the procedure, rather than as the
first step in the procedure.

I've also moved the whole Programming section into the Common Tasks
chapter, as I think it fits better there than in Configure Your System.
Any feedback on this is welcome!

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com