Wiki Cleanup Proposal

Naaman Campbell naamanc2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 06:10:09 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentationDraft
>
> Hmm, there's also
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentationBeta - perhaps we
> could consolidate the revamped UserDoc page down to just one version, rather
> than two?

Brian,

The UserDocDraft will be deleted as soon as it has been approved to
replace the current UserDoc.  UserDocBeta will remain and be
continually worked on as the sub-index pages are built over time.

> I haven't had time to look thru either one fully, so I don't have a
> preference, but having two competing/overlapping editing projects seems
> sub-optimal...

They can't be competing projects - I created both of them.  I would
not view UserDocDraft as a project.  It is a single-page proposed
replacement for UserDoc.  Read above in this thread - UserDocDraft is
a quick fix to the current UserDoc which will be eventually replaced
by UserDocBeta.

> Given the number of opinions I've offered on this topic, I'm going to have
> to get involved in the actual editing, to put my money where my mouth is...
> :-P
>
> Brian/Madpilot

Good to hear.. :)  If you want to help with UserDocBeta, the "These
documents do not yet exist" section on the WikiToDo page is a good
start.  I will keep you in the loop as well when I work on other parts
of the WikiCleanupProposal.

Naaman.

On 2/20/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I don't really like including the word "Misc" in such page names, it's
> quite an inelegant solution, but in principle, I think this is the way
> to go.

If you can think of a better word, let me know, otherwise it will have
to do..  I will continue my work on the UserDocDraft as a quick
cleanup.

This is addressing some of the points that have been mentioned in
relation to the current wiki.  It is helping to provide the framework
for better organisation of the docs on the Wiki.

Naaman.