Wiki Cleanup Proposal

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:51:31 UTC 2006

On 2/19/06, GrAnT GaLbRaiTh <manicka at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> But what about the whole concept in general? Once we agree on going in
> this direction then we can refine the structure of the Beta page. Do
> you like the overall idea of reorganising the userdoc page in this
> way?

Yes, overall I think UserDocBeta is great, I just think that some of
the subpages that've been created have been overkill, like the great
profusion of browser pages - do Lynx & Links really have that much
stuff in the wiki devoted to them? (I know Opera doesn't, and suspect
the same of the other two browsers.)

Long lists of links aren't great for usability, but deep layers of
index pages before you get to the actual content aren't great either.

As an completely ad-hoc suggestion, I'd say that you'd need at least
four links per category before splitting that category off to it's own
index page. So in the case of the browsers, that'll give Firefox a
page of it's own, and leave the Opera/Lynx/etc pages linked directly
off the main Browsers page.

Brian/Madpilot