Here to help

Ross Bigelow rbigelow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:33:53 UTC 2006

Hi all,

While I am fairly new to Ubuntu, I have to say I am very impressed with what
this group has accomplished in a very short time.

I have been involvded with teaching and training various

Hi all,

While I am fairly new to Ubuntu, I have to say I am very impressed with what
this group has accomplished in a very short time.

I have been involved with teaching and training Linux for almost 9 years
now.  In fact I am about to currently delivering an introductory Operating
Systems course, and I will be using Ubuntu in this course in about 3-4
weeks.

While searching for support documentation for my course, I was shocked to
see that no work had been started on the Installation guide for DapperDrake
as of yet. I am here to offer my services to write or help out with this
extremely important document.

My initial thought was that I since I require such a document for my course
anyways I could help myself by helping the community. I see this as an
opportunity for me to finally give back to the Linux community that has kept
me happily employed for so long.

I realized how critically important this document is to the entire project,
as it would likely be the first Ubuntu document that new users would read.
Having read pretty much every Linux/BSD installation guide since Slackware 3
I feel that I have some good ideas as how this guide could be written in an
easy to follow and user friendly fashion.

I really do not want to step on anyone's toes, being new here I realize that
it is likely that someone else may already be working on this project and if
that is the case, then my only intention is to assist them in any capacity I
could.

R.