moinmoin 1.5

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 4 10:27:51 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 14:57 +1100, GrAnT GaLbRaiTh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any plans to upgrade the wiki to moinmoin
> 1.5.  I have been looking at the desktop edition and believe the GUI
> edit function would improve accessability for many users.

We'd like to upgrade, but have the following problems. Once these are
all overcome, I'm sure we'll upgrade.

 * Moin 1.5 is not in the stable version of Ubuntu (it will be in Ubuntu
6.04)
 * The themes will need to be rewritten slightly
 * The custom patches which allow users to use their Launchpad id to log
in will need to be looked at.

It's not really within our power, but rest assured that when it is
possible, we will talk to the admins about doing it.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com