Parsing error help

Will Simpson linux.photo.geek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 20:21:18 UTC 2006

I'm editing the photo part of the musicvideophotos.xml and I have a
question. Looking at the examples already in the file, I see that
"&gimp;" automatically expands to "Applications -> Graphics -> Gimp".
Why wouldn't "&f-spot;" not expand to "Applications -> Graphics ->
F-Spot"? Here is the error I get.

322: parser error : Entity 'f-spot' not defined
</application> is included in Ubuntu by default. To start it, choose &f-spot;

There is a carrot pointing at the ";" - Maybe the question is how to
'define' f-spot' ?

I've attached the relevant bit of the file. This is still a works in progress.

_______________________________

		<sect2 id="f-spot" status="complete">
			<title>F-Spot</title>
				<para><application>F-Spot</application> provides a complete
solution for managing your photo collection.
				</para>
				<para><application>F-Spot</application> is included in Ubuntu by
default. To start it, choose &f-spot;.
				</para>
				<para>For help with <application>F-Spot Photo
Manager</application>, use the items in its <guimenu>Help</guimenu>
menu. With it you can import photos from your digital camera or USB
stick, tag them with familiar terms, do touch ups, and edit them in
different ways. In addition to this, <application>F-Spot</application>
can upload photos easily to Flickr and other online photo galleries.
				</para>
				<para>For more advanced photo & image editing, see
<application>The GIMP</application>.
 			<itemizedlist>
				<listitem>
				</listitem>