Documenting Launchpad for Ubuntu users

Matthew Revell matthew.revell at canonical.com
Wed Dec 20 16:17:39 UTC 2006

Howdy,

For anyone that doesn't know me, I work for Canonical on the Launchpad
team.

I'm planning a thorough re-write of all the Launchpad docs and have
noticed that Launchpad doesn't make much of an appearance in the Ubuntu
docs. If I'm missing something, please point me in the right
direction :)

As Launchpad is a reasonably important part of the Ubuntu world, I'd
like to offer my time to write some materials that will help Ubuntu
users.

I plan to produce a number of non-Ubuntu specifc guides, including:

- filing a first bug
- translating software into your language
- creating your own Launchpad account
- asking for help.

I think that Ubuntu specific versions of these, along with a general
overview of what Launchpad is and why Ubuntu users might be interested
in it, would be useful in the web-based documentation and perhaps also
the in-system help.

I'd love to hear what you think and if you. Don't worry, I'm not asking
for any extra effort on your part. I'll do the necessary work, but you
are very welcome to be involved if you choose to.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad.net Marketing