Commandline wiki vs. server guide

icosa atropa icos.atropa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 03:36:45 UTC 2006

> If something is done properly elsewhere, the information should be
> conextualised to a Ubuntu user's experience, then linked to. An Ubuntu
> Bash-Scripting guide would just be wasteful.

r.e. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AdvancedCommandlineHowto,
I included the mentioned links as numbered references in the wiki
using [[Anchor()]].

r.e. http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/index.html:
 (Ubuntu server, no GUI installed by default, leads to many confused
new users.  why they install server is another question...)

1.  Should the server guide explicitly point at the wiki?

2.  It seems to me that the server guide should contain more static,
less likely to change information, whereas the wiki should contain
dynamic, more likely to change information such as external links.

-christian