Enterprise Edition

Patrick Frank paddy.frank at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 04:13:10 UTC 2006

> > > Secondly, the long term support releases *are* described as enterprise
> > > editions.
>
> > >   http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/releases
>
> > Actually, it talks about enterprise "releases". There is still no "fork"
> > of Ubuntu which is an enterprise "edition".

It is not on me to decide that, but I have the feeling this topic should be
taken to a place, where developers and those people can participate, who
are in the position to make statements regarding the release politics.

I can fully understand Jeremy's point.

And I am missing a clear, official statement.

Because right now, it appears to me like Ubuntu wants to be attractive
for enterprise users also, but put no extra work in that.

Is the aim, to have one release, but different support plans?

If so, shouldnt there be transparent marketing regarding this aim?

--

greetings,
Patrick Frank