"Contribute to Ubuntu" doc ready for review

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 25 16:55:06 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Andreas Lloyd <lloydinho at gmail.com> wrote:
<snippage>

> Done. Also changed the name from "derivative" to "flavour" to reflect
> that it K|Ed|X|ubuntu are sharing the same repositories as Ubuntu and
> not really proper derivatives. I talked with Colin Watson about this
> yesterday, and they'll be trying to find a name that reflects this in a
> good way. For now, I'm using the term "Ubuntu's sister flavours" -
> improvements and suggestions on this are most welcome.

"Ubuntu's sister flavours" sound a bit nasty in english (flavour also
being something you taste and sister your female sibling ;-) ).
Perhaps just "Ubuntu's flavours" or as Corey suggests "Ubuntu's
Partner Projects" which sounds good. Partner Projects is what is used
on www.ubuntu.com

<more snippage>

> > Part of Managing Ubuntu, or Packaging....
> > * Packages - http://packages.ubuntu.com - a community tool
> > * REVU - http://revu.tauware.de - a community tool
> > * Merge-o-Matic (MoM) - http://merges.ubuntu.com - a community tool
> >

> These are very much MOTU tools, and I think they should be described on
> the MOTU team page instead.

I think REVU is the only one that is specific to MOTU. MoM is used a
lot for Main as well and packages.ubuntu.com is a generic tool that
everyone should get to know at some point.

Thanks for this doc Andreas, it's looking real good so far.

-Jordan