[Fwd: [ubuntu]dual license strategy: GFDL&CC-BY-SA]

Robin Sonefors ozamosi at flukkost.nu
Wed Aug 2 23:00:31 UTC 2006

The copyright holder has the right to release anything he/she does under
any licenses to anyone. That includes giving user A a BSD-license for
something, and giving user B the work only if B chooses to accept the MS
EULA.

The FSF is saying - like you're saying - that you cannot take a GFDL:ed
work and convert it to CC-BY-SA, or vice versa.

To prove my point: look at MySQL, Trolltech etc. The whole point of the
GPL is to disallow taking GPL:ed works and making them non-free. And
still MySQL, Trolltech etc are selling non-free versions of their
software.

(sorry for sending this to you twice, matt)