lulu.com test book

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 03:44:21 UTC 2006

On 4/29/06, Jordan Mantha <mantha at chem.unr.edu> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
>   Well, Matthew sent me a suprise in the mail. I recieved a test copy of
> the Ubuntu Packaging Guide from lulu.com so we could check the cover and
> quality, etc. So here are some notes:
>
> * This really rocks!
> * The cover:
>
>    * the second Ubuntu icon (the one that is multicolored) doesn't pop
>          out to me as much as it did online. Maybe we need a bit more
>          contrast or something.

Making the single-colour Ubuntu logos paler or more translucent is easy to do.

We could also borrow some more graphical ideas from other Ubuntu products
and put the Ubuntu logo in a horizontal white box with a circular end.

Like so:
http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Lulu_cover_draft2_CQsize.png

   * The guide title (in this case "Packaging Guide") needs to be pushed
>      up towards the version (Ubuntu 6.06) as it is closer to "Ubuntu
>          Documenation Project" an makes it harder for the eyes to see the
>          important part ( Ubuntu 6.06 & Packaging Guide )

Done - good point.

   * The back cover looks pretty bare (just plain white). I might
>          suggest something like a docteam logo/icon with "Ubuntu
>          Documentation Project (or team?)" and underneath have a URL
>          (http://www.help.ubuntu.com perhaps).

I've created back-cover images since Matt sent Lulu the info.

http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Lulu_back_cover_draft_CQsize.png
http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Kubuntu_Lulu_back_cover_draft_CQsize.png

Thanks for the feedback - like Matt Galvin said, any chance of a couple of
pics of the book?

Brian