[ubuntu-doc] Re: Espresso is now Ubuiquity

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 28 16:14:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 16:26 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> About adding LTS to the version number, what do people think? It is
> going to break a shed load of translations, even though it is easy for
> us to add it to the relevant version number entity. It may be that we
> have to bite the bullet and do it as soon as possible.

Actually, this doesn't break so many strings after all, just a few per
guide. So we should change the version number I think.

I've written a short section explaining what LTS means, intended for
About Ubuntu and the Desktop Guides (About Kubuntu follows a slightly
different approach so it may not be appropriate to add this, or then
again, it may be, I dunno).

Feedback would be welcome before I commit it:

http://mdke.org/images/lts.png

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com