what's the best wiki for docs?

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed Apr 19 18:12:03 UTC 2006

If this has been discussed before I apologise in advance, but here goes.

The current Wiki (Moin) is missing some important features as far as I
can see. I think there has already been some agreement that the current
wiki is inadequate, so what would we like in a perfect world?

Features I think a wiki for effective documentation needs (feel free to
expand the list)

It should allow us to:
* create groups with privileges on certain pages
* lock pages
* extend its abilities to include new features (eg Wiki to DocBook etc.)
* create category specific style sheets
* send email notifications of changes

>From my experience Tiki Wiki does these things and from what I can see a
lot more besides. Wikipedia has a Wiki comparison table:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software

Duncan