Helping your documentation effort.

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon Apr 17 22:44:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 21:39 +0100, Matthew East wrote:

> > Would you agree that these are not ideal methods? Particularly because
> > the doc and the message are not left side by side for others to see.
>
> Each document has a "how to contribute/give feedback" section.
>
> In the past we've thought about including a link in the html version on
> every page for feedback, but this hasn't been implemented yet. My
> thought would be to do this on the work in progress documentation, and
> not on the published documentation.
Well, yes, having such a 'leave a comment' on the work in progress
documentation would be great. But that's always current release+1. How
do we keep previous releases docs available for adding comments?

My whole point is that people who go to _use_ the documentation, can
also leave a note pointing out another way to do something or phrase
something. I believe if you really want newbie comments like "what does
that mean?", and we need those pointers, then the place for user
comments is the first place the user sees (well okay, second).

And _please_ let's not pretend that a new user is going to wade through
launchpad or Malone, or learn to use a wiki, just to report a spelling
mistake or confusing explanation.

Duncan